With the advent of mobile computing in the mid-2000s, the world was set on a fast-paced uptrend; both of innovation, as well as lifestyle. The swift progress of technology was further augmented by the increased scope of, and access to, internet connectivity. Today, mobile computing has reached greater heights than had ever been deemed possible. There seems to be an inverse proportionality between the size, and capabilities of the current generation of mobile devices.
The reducing dimensions of the devices add to the flexibility, as well as adaptability. Meanwhile, the capabilities have increased by at least ten-fold. So much so, that people often take for granted the fact that their lives revolve largely around their mobile phones. From sending emails and buying things, to doing one’s taxes; there is not much that smartphones are unable to accomplish. With the growing trend of smartphone technology, there has also been a boom in another industry - mobile app development.
With user expectations slowly being replaced by changing demands, mobile app development companies are being actively sought out by business owners. Moreover, the variety in mobile app types, as well as the mass spectrum of capabilities that they wield, has created a mobile app market that is more competitive, and volatile than ever before. Today, both businesses, as well as mobile app development companies face a great deal of competition, all the while working with ever-evolving expectations, under constricting timelines.
In such a scenario, it becomes necessary for mobile app development companies to come up with service offerings that are not only of quality, but also work with a great deal of efficiency. One such effort is being made by HokuApps, who are taking mobile app development to the next level with their RAD platform approach. This allows HokuApps to deploy custom-built technology 10 times faster than conventional methods are able to deliver (coding each app from scratch). This makes enterprise mobile app development more affordable, reliable, as well as secure for clients.
The development approach is a basic 90:10; wherein 90% of app development takes place over an automated platform, and the remaining 10 % - which includes business context-specific adjustments- is carried out manually.
For the automated development stage, HokuApps provides mobile app development libraries of pre-sets; pre-built business modules, pre-built technology components consisting of over 500 components such as GPS tracking, maps, payments, etc., a design studio with hundreds of UI designs based on industry and workflow, and pre-built connectors that can connects all these elements at rapid speed.
The platform creates cross-platform apps automatically, which are then configured at a business-level to create fully-customized mobile apps to suit a business’s unique ecosystem.
A direct implication of automated development components is that the mobile app development process is error free, affordable and has a significantly shorter time-to-market, be it iOS, Android, or Web apps. In addition to this, clients also receive access to the in-house design studio, comprising hundreds of UI (design) mockups, as per the pertinent Google/Apple specs.
HokuApps offers extensive back-end integration, pertaining to the analytic aspects of running a successful mobile app. This is inclusive of a granular reporting engine, dashboards, and a fully configurable & customizable user administration for any organizational hierarchy.
Communication is an instrumental factor in the success of any business venture. And the same goes for mobile apps. The mobile app development engine enables real-time business chat and a notification framework, which are essential parts of any enterprise mobility solution.
Scalability and Security
HokuApps offers a robust and scalable infrastructure with best-in-class enterprise security features. Solutions built on the platform automatically subscribe to these security features.
In a Nutshell
The business impact of HokuApps RAD is spread across 2 major areas of focus. Firstly, an automation layer helps curtail the need for coding from scratch, resulting in more rapid mobile app development. This comes with an ‘error-free’ assurance as a result of the automation feature. And secondly, apps can be fully configured to suit the business’s unique ecosystem. The entire service package from HokuApps works out to be far more economically viable to businesses, as compared to other approaches.