A survey conducted by NGO’s in medical field has found that hemorrhoids have been the most common and critical problem of mankind. You will come across very few cases in serious conditions, but they are extremely painful and embarrassing. In some cases they can lead to rectal cancer and therefore hemorrhoids require proper examination and treatment by a physician.
Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins around anus or the rectal area. Hemorrhoids can be of three types:-
• External Hemorrhoids:- They are the fleshy growth or the enlarged veins outside the anus or the rectal area.
• Internal Hemorrhoids:- Internal hemorrhoids are the enlarged veins that grow inside the anus and slip to outside.
• Bleeding Hemorrhoids:- Hemorrhoids can bleed whether located internally or externally. Such condition can be termed as a critical condition.
What causes Hemorrhoids?
• A common cause for hemorrhoids is your sitting posture. Don’t sit for too long. Prepare a habit to go for a break of 5 minutes from your work after every one hour.
• Standing for too long can be another cause of hemorrhoids. As during standing position all the blood above the rectum exerts pressure on rectal area.
• Poor bowel movements can contribute to hemorrhoids too. Don’t wait when there is a nature’s call.
• Constipation, pregnancy, obesity can be the other causes of hemorrhoids.
• Bleeding: - Hemorrhoids can bleed in critical conditions whether located internally or externally. In these condition hemorrhoids needs immediate medication.
• Severe pain: - Hemorrhoids located internally or externally can cause severe pain.
• Itching and irritating: - External or internal hemorrhoids leads to itching and irritation and causes embarrassment.
Many people ask whether hemorrhoids develop into cancer. Well, hemorrhoids do not develop into cancer but both hemorrhoids and cancer can cause rectal bleeding. And a physician should be consulted in such serious condition to know the cause of bleeding from rectal area.
What’s the treatment?
Hemorrhoids treatment varies depending on where they are, how serious they are and what problems they are causing. Following treatment measures can be followed if someone is suffering from hemorrhoids:-
1. Eat lot of fibrous food, and avoid processed food. As hemorrhoids is common in developed countries, because they consume lots of processed food.
2. Keep the anal area clean, dry and use a mild soap.
3. Don’t wait when there is a nature’s call.
4. Daily two to three time’s bath in warm water will provide relief from pain and promotes healing.
Laser treatment: -
Laser treatment is another faster treating method. After laser treatment the patient needs less medication and results in faster healing.
Infrared light treatment:-
An infrared light of high intensity is an effective treatment method for hemorrhoids. As painful hemorrhoids can be treated in a much faster way.
Surgery is mostly carried out in serious conditions and usually is reserved for following condition
• When there is continuous bleeding from hemorrhoids
• Large hemorrhoids that needs immediate surgery.
• When other treatments are unsuccessful.
Few measures to prevent hemorrhoids:-
• Include lots of fibrous food in your diet.
• Do not delay or try to prevent a bowel movement.
• Drink lots of water and take your meals on time.
• Exercise everyday as it is also useful for good health.
• Keep the rectal area clean and dry.
Hemorrhoids are common disorders and heal up with right medication and care. If proper care and medication is carried out hemorrhoids often clear up by themselves.